Saturday, December 28, 2019

Top Books of 2018

I only read 75 books in 2018 (blame Grey’s), so I feel ill-equipped to make my normal top 10 list. However, I have five of them I want to share because these are some really important and amazing books everyone should read.

5. All We Have Left by Wendy Mills

Fictional account of several 9/11 interwoven stories.

4. The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

Non-fiction but reads like a story about the watch painters during WWI who suffered radium poisoning and fought for safety laws in factories.

3. No One Ever Asked by Katie Ganshert

Fictional account of what happened when an inner-city high school was rerouted into an affluent suburban high school.

2. I’m Still Here by Austin Channing Brown

Memoir of a black woman’s life in a white man’s world.

1. Just Mercy by Bryan Stephenson

The most gripping tale of race I have ever read— this is a real-life To Kill a Mockingbird story.

You may sense a theme of diversity and social justice. I read a LOT of books like that this year, and I could include some more (Dear Martin; The Hate U Give) but these are definitely my top 5. Ask me about any! I’m glad to share what I loved.

For past years’ top 10 lists, check out my older entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment